WHAT IS THE HEALTHCARE CASE COMPETITION?
The Healthcare Case Competition brings together graduate students across UNC’s leading graduate schools to examine a real-world healthcare business challenge. This is a great venue to showcase your leadership, critical thinking, creativity, and network with other future healthcare leaders—in addition to winning a prize.
Students across the following schools are encouraged to form cross-disciplinary teams of up to 5 people (with no more than 2 people per team from any individual school):
- UNC Kenan-Flagler Business School
- UNC Eshelman School of Pharmacy
- UNC Gillings School of Public Health
- UNC School of Medicine
- UNC School of Nursing
- October 10th – Team registration begins
- November 5th – Case distributed to participants at kick-off event at UNC Kenan-Flagler Business School
- November 5th-10th – Participants work in teams to analyze the case, understand the key business challenge, formulate recommendations, and develop a brief PowerPoint presentation
- November 11th – Participants present analysis and recommendations to panel of judges, including faculty across UNC's graduate schools, after which winners will be announced
- 1st Place Team: $1,000
- 2nd Place Team: $500
- 3rd Place Team: $200
I’M NOT A BUSINESS SCHOOL STUDENT! CAN I STILL SUCCEED IN A CASE COMPETITION?
Yes! The Healthcare Case Competition is cross-disciplinary by design! The case will leverage experience and knowledge across health science disciplines.
In fact, participants will be encouraged to form teams of 5 with no more than 2 people per team from any individual school.
HELP! HOW CAN I FORM A TEAM IF I DON’T KNOW ANYONE AT OTHER UNC SCHOOLS?
Students may register partial teams if they are unable to form a complete team (no more than 2 people per team from any individual school). The organizers of the case competition will assist with forming complete teams for those who register partial teams.
WAIT, I STILL HAVE QUESTIONS!
If you have questions or concerns, contact Damion_Harrikissoon@kenan-flagler.unc.edu.