PARTICIPANT REGISTRATION IS OPEN: Register your team here!
(Paste this address into your browser if the link doesn't work: https://tinyurl.com/UNCHealthcareCaseCompetition)
When registering your team, please note the following:
- You can register up to 5 students per team
- Only submit one registration per team
- Graduate students from the following schools are eligible to participate: UNC Kenan-Flagler Business School, UNC Eshelman School of Pharmacy, UNC Gillings School of Public Health, UNC School of Medicine, UNC School of Nursing
- No more than 2 students per team can be from any individual school (dual-degree students may be counted as either school)
- If you are unable to form a complete team of 5 students across schools, you may register a partial team and the case competition organizers will help form complete teams
HUH? WHAT IS THE HEALTHCARE CASE COMPETITION?
The Healthcare Case Competition brings together graduate students across UNC’s leading graduate schools to examine a real-world healthcare business challenge. This is a great venue to showcase your leadership, critical thinking, creativity, and network with other future healthcare leaders—in addition to winning a prize.
Students across the following schools are encouraged to form cross-disciplinary teams of up to 5 people (with no more than 2 people per team from any individual school):
- UNC Kenan-Flagler Business School
- UNC Eshelman School of Pharmacy
- UNC Gillings School of Public Health
- UNC School of Medicine
- UNC School of Nursing
- October 10th – Team registration begins
- November 5th – Case distributed to participants at kick-off event at UNC Kenan-Flagler Business School
- November 5th-10th – Participants work in teams to analyze the case, understand the key business challenge, formulate recommendations, and develop a brief PowerPoint presentation
- November 11th – Participants present analysis and recommendations to panel of judges, including faculty across UNC's graduate schools, after which winners will be announced
- Prizes will be awarded to top-performing teams!
I’M NOT A BUSINESS SCHOOL STUDENT! CAN I STILL SUCCEED IN A CASE COMPETITION?
Yes! The Healthcare Case Competition is cross-disciplinary by design! The case will leverage experience and knowledge across health science disciplines.
In fact, participants will be encouraged to form teams of 5 with no more than 2 people per team from any individual school.
HELP! HOW CAN I FORM A TEAM IF I DON’T KNOW ANYONE AT OTHER UNC SCHOOLS?
Students may register partial teams if they are unable to form a complete team (no more than 2 people per team from any individual school). The organizers of the case competition will assist with forming complete teams for those who register partial teams.
WAIT, I STILL HAVE QUESTIONS!
If you have questions or concerns, contact Damion_Harrikissoon@kenan-flagler.unc.edu.